14 Vector Floral Ornaments Pack 02

Remember last week Vector Floral Ornaments from the XVII century poetry book? well guess what? there are even more floral ornaments for you in this pack. They are as elaborate and beautiful as the other pack.

Hope you like them.

Download

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

17 Responses to 14 Vector Floral Ornaments Pack 02

1. Pavlos Katsigiorgis February 25, 2010 at 6:23 am #

thanxs a lot. super Collection.

2. Logo Design Monster February 25, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

This is another great post Mao. Everybody loves floral vectors especially when you can just download and use. Thank you very much.

3. mao February 25, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

@Logo Design Monster
    Thanks mate. Sure I love them as well, and that kind of floral vectors are not that easy to find.

4. Andrew Davis February 25, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

I like all the details of these floral flower vectors. You’re right, this set of floral vectors is not easy to find. Also like the 3rd floral vectors, I think there’s a girl/queen inside the design right?

5. mao February 26, 2010 at 7:53 am #

@Andrew Davis
    Yes I thought the same it reminds me like those Cameo carvings :)

6. SJL Website Design March 2, 2010 at 5:21 am #

Great post, I’m sure these will come in very handy in the future!
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Su Hall March 2, 2010 at 7:48 am #

I wonder if these ornaments were originally designed with certain aspects having some significance. The first group had dragons, this one has ladies, etc. I wonder if it is like crests on shields. What were these ornaments originally used for, anyway?

They are cool, of course. Thank you for your meticulous work. I’m curious what technique you use, once you have scanned them. That is if you don’t mind. I just noticed that some of the images were transparencies and some had backgrounds.

There is a way to eliminate a background that I just learned. It works wonderfully on black and whites. Double click on the layer to open the styles box. At the very bottom there is a box labeled, “Blend If”, with default as grey. This is the setting you want. Below it are two sliders. Press “alt” and click and drag on the far right tab of the upper slider. The tab will split in two. As you slide it to the left, the white background vanishes. Save it as is in .png, and since the original still has the pixels in it, close original and open your new image.

This method is still time consuming, unless you set it up as an action, perhaps. I’m sure you know about it, but, perhaps, someone else can use the information.

Thank you for bring us these terrific ornaments!

Su

8. mao March 4, 2010 at 9:55 am #

@Su
    Thats a nice question :). Well trying to understand the purpose of them we should focus first on the time they where made. It was 1878, the Romanticism was still ruling at that time. And considering that this movement tent to elevate strong emotions, like awe and horror, as source of authentic aesthetic experience, as well as its medieval approach to art and narrative. Maybe we coould say as a result those ornaments seems to be so “dramatic” and somewhat “obscure”.

The purpose? Perhaps just embellish a world world that was growing and starting to be industrialized.

The technique? Scan>Gray Scale> Adjust the levels for more contrast> Vectorize it in vector magic

Why some have backgrounds and others don´t? my mistake, I didnt take them of.

Cheers :)

9. Su Hall March 8, 2010 at 2:24 am #

Thanks for your answers. LOL Literature is full of all kinds of weird things. If you’ve ever looked into typography, and such, there is a whole set of terms and rules that apply that are foreign to the typical reader. Many are ancient and have just stayed.

The romantic in me likes to think that there were hidden meanings in the artwork. Who knows? But, I have to agree with your theory as to the times in which these were so popular. When I think of the authors, many of whom were in it to copy material into tomes for preserving, hunched over on top of a stool, delicately shaping each letter, then, I can picture same author doodling. The boss, head priest, Cardinal, whoever, comes in and demands to know what he is doing. Decorating the pages, m’ lord! LOL

I placed your banner in the side bar of my blog.

Thanks for everything!

Su

10. mao March 8, 2010 at 11:32 am #

@Su

Thank you! for being so nice :)

11. Bean March 21, 2010 at 12:11 am #

thank you.

12. Dan Sheds March 23, 2010 at 6:56 am #

Romans have been great at art , no wonder they have been so successful at it. I like the designs and the originality that you have kept in them , one can see it , if compared to the ancient ones.

13. Kelvin March 28, 2010 at 10:33 am #

thanks so much ><

14. Christian April 1, 2010 at 3:35 am #

Hi Mao,

your work is so nice that we want to use it for a shampoo.
    Is this ok for you!
    please answer under to my Email adress.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely

Christian

15. mao April 1, 2010 at 8:09 am #

@Christian Answer in your email :)

16. Carolyn Thrasher April 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm #

Thanks so much…your work is great!

17. Eranagu Impresiones August 5, 2014 at 11:16 pm #